T-Mobile in partnership with Amazon and Moonraft is hosting Hacktober, a Cloud+Commerce hackathon at UT Dallas Makerspace October 21-22, 2017.
We invite fresh and seasoned developers alike to join us to revolutionize the mobile customer experience and mingle with our technologists, product folks and talent scouts.
Modern consumers are savvy and want to make purchases 24/7, wherever they are located and through various channels. They are demanding more of companies for their shopping experience!
Use your smarts, creativity and innovation to come up with an e-commerce demo or app using AWS public cloud and open source technologies. Note: you can use any AWS service except no EC2!
T-Mobile will also make available its own open source Jazz Serverless platform and test versions of our e-commerce APIs, so you can optionally integrate actual T-Mobile products! Use of these services is not required.
There will be up to $4,000 in prizes!
October 21st (Saturday)
- 9:00 am – Doors open, check-in & registration. Breakfast: Einstein Bagels provided by Amazon.
- 10:00 am to 10:30 am – Kickoff.
- 11:00 am – Hacking begins.
- 12:30 pm – Lunch: Café Izmir.
- 6:00 pm – Dinner and sponsor T-Mobile will talk cloud & agile development.
- 10:00 pm – Sponsor Moonraft will talk design.
- 10:30 pm to 11:30 pm – Boba tea break!
- Midnight – Costume contest and prizes!
- Midnight snack, drinks, Thriller Stretch & giveaway!
- Continue to hack all the way or snooze for a bit!
October 22nd (Sunday)
- 8:00 am – Breakfast: Taco Cabana.
- Hacking continues.
- 11:30 am – Lunch: Banh Mi #1, provided by Moonraft.
- 12:00 pm – Final 7 teams announced.
- 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm – Finals team present.
- 2:00 pm – Announcement.
- Wrap up.
Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner provided.