* NSF Travel Award Application Information for students from USA-based institutions is here. Deadline for application is September 1, 2015.
Travel award notification
IEEE ICHI has received funding to support a limited number of graduate and undergraduate student authors to participate in the Conference.
The award covers travel expenses and registration up to $800, based on receipts for those student authors whose papers are accepted and come to present. Any additional expenses will need to come from another source.
To be eligible for the award, a student must be attending a US institution and must be author of a submitted paper to ICHI 2015, Doctoral Consortium and/or one of the affiliated Workshops. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Application procedure for the award will be announced soon.
SCOPE AND FORMAT OF THE DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM
We cordially invite doctoral students to submit extended abstracts to the doctoral consortium of the IEEE Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2015).
The doctoral consortium offers a supportive learning opportunity for doctoral students in the early stage of their research on health informatics problems. Participants will discuss their work in progress and receive feedback and guidance from the ICHI Doctoral Consortium mentors. To ensure that all participants have the opportunity to present their work, all doctoral students whose extended abstract is accepted will be scheduled for a rapid-fire talk where each participant has 5 minutes, with auto-advancing slides, to present a synopsis of their work. These rapid overviews will be followed by a poster session where participants and mentors can discuss research in greater detail. Selected participants may also be invited to give a longer oral presentation. The consortium will close with a panel discussion discussing topics relevant to doctoral students (e.g., dissertation proposal, dissertation execution, job search, and grant seeking).
Note that extended abstracts will appear in the ICHI conference proceedings.
All topics described in the Call for Papers are eligible for extended abstract submissions.
To be considered for the DC event, students are requested to submit the following items using the EasyChair submission site for the conference:
- A 1-page cover letter justifying what the students hope to gain by attending the DC; and,
- A 1-page abstract of a research project (ongoing or planned) in the IEEE format.
Please follow the instructions in the EasyChair submission page, to submit your abstacts.
All aspects of the submission and notification process will be handled electronically. Submissions must adhere to the following formatting instructions:
- Submissions must adhere to the IEEE Proceedings Format available for LaTex and Word. Changing the template’s font size, margins, inter-column spacing, or line spacing is prohibited. Each extended abstract must be submitted as a single PDF file, formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- Submissions should not list keywords, general terms, and categories and subject descriptions. In addition, submissions should not have the copyright notice located at the bottom of the left column of the first page of the IEEE Proceedings template.
All extended abstract submissions for the doctoral consortium will be formally reviewed by the ICHI Program Committee to ensure every accepted submission is appropriate for ICHI.
The conference organizers will work on ensuring that the doctoral consortium is well-attended and has a vibrant discussion environment.
** Extended abstracts that have been accepted for presentation in the DC will be invited for publication in the upcoming issue of IEEE Intelligent Informatics Bulletin, after the necessary revisions and edits have been made.
- Doctoral consortium submission deadline:
July 30, 2015August 10, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: August 20, 2015
- Doctoral Consortium event date: October 21-23, 2015 (exact date of presentations TBA)
Your participation is essential to making this conference a success and we are looking forward to it! If you are a faculty and interested in serving as a mentor, please email us at one of the addresses listed below.