UT Dallas invites applications for a scholarship for service program, which provides undergraduates and graduate students with a full scholarship for two years in exchange of service in federal government for a period equivalent to the length of the scholarship. The program enables government agencies to recruit from a highly qualified pool of students for internships and permanent positions.
The program is open to U.S. citizens only. You must be admitted/enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (BS, BS/MS fast track, MS or PhD) in the UT Dallas Computer Science Department in the fall 2011 or spring 2012 semesters. Scholarships are available for the last two years of your education (e.g., the junior and senior years of your BS, the last two years of BS/MS fast track, two years of MS or the last two years of PhD programs). Minimum GPA is 3.2 for both undergraduates graduate students (which must be maintained during the scholarship). You must complete the curriculum requirements of an MS in CS in the Information Assurance track.
- Tuition for two years (four long semesters)
- Undergrad stipend: $14,000 per nine-month academic year for two years
- Grad student stipend: ~$19,000 per nine-month academic year for two years
- Room and board expenses
We are still accepting applications for the graduate version of the scholarships. If you want to use the scholarship to support your two-year MS in CS degree within the program, please contact Dr. Kamil Sarac at 972-883-2337 or at email@example.com as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled or until a further notice.
UT Dallas invites applications for scholarships that provide students with up to two years of full support in exchange for up to two years of service in the federal government following graduation.
Interested students are strongly advised to meet Dr. Kamil Sarac (firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-883-2337) before they submit their application material. Please contact Dr. Sarac by February 15, 2011.
Please submit the following documents as your application material. For undergrads, the deadline is February 23 and for graduate students it is March 31.
1. Official transcripts from higher education institutions attended so far.
3. Three reference letters presenting an evaluation of academic (or professional) performance and potential for pursuing a graduate degree. At least two letters should be from faculty members of academic institutions
4. Fill in the IASP Application Form (click here) and all the other documents that are mentioned in the IASP Application form. Please contact Dr. Sarac with your questions on filling in this form. Please do not forget to submit the Competency Statement that is explained on page 5 of this form.
Please note that we have two sister scholarship programs (SFS and IASP) but we are using the IASP Application Form for both scholarship programs. If you are specifically applying to SFS scholarships (which are open to graduate students only), you can ignore questions specific to DoD on this form.
5. A signed statement of understanding (click here) of the program requirements: service requirement for the duration of the scholarship (one year minimum) and internship requirement for a minimum of 10 weeks during the first summer.
Please send all the required documents to:
Dr. Kamil Sarac
Department of Computer Science, EC 31
University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75080
For More Info
- Contact Dr. Kamil Sarac, email@example.com or 972-883-2337
- Visit the program site at https://www.sfs.opm.gov/
- Visit the SFS student FAQ page at http://www.sfs.opm.gov/StudFAQ.asp
- SFS Student Toolkit