UT-DIISC 4th International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing
(due to coronavirus spread, efforts to contain it, and new measures implemented by UTD)
Hosted by The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 75080
The University of Texas Dallas Institute for Interactive and Spatial Computing (UT-DIISC) is pleased to announce the 4th International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing (IWISC). UT-DIISC IWISC 2020 will have invited and research presentations in all areas related to interactive computing and spatial computing, including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Computational geometry
- Computer graphics
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Human-computer interaction
- Information visualization
Andruid Kerne, NSF CISE IIS – Program Director, Cyber-Human Systems
Participants should submit the title of the presentation and a short abstract by the abstract submission deadline. Each presentation should be further classifiable as mainly covering one of the following three areas: Research, Applications, or Systems:
1. Research presentations should describe results that contribute to advances in state-of-the-art software, hardware, algorithms, interaction, or human factors.
2. Application presentations should explain how the authors built upon existing ideas and applied them to solve an interesting problem in a novel way. Each paper should include a discussion of using interactive or spatial computing in the given application domain.
3. Systems presentations should indicate how the implementer’s integrated known techniques and technologies to produce an effective system, along with any lessons learned in the process.
Abstracts for presentations should be submitted in electronic form by emailing Ovidiu.Daescu@utdallas.edu. Work recently presented/published elsewhere can (and it is encouraged to) be presented at IWISC 2020.
The collection of abstracts will be made available to participants and on IWISC webpage. While there will be no published proceedings, participants are encouraged to foster collaborations that can result in future publications.
- March 1, 2020: Abstract submissions due
- March 5, 2020: Notification
SOM 2.804 (School of Management building, see UTD map at https://map.utdallas.edu/)