Dr. R. Chandrasekaran
Emeritus Ashbel Smith Professor
- Ph.D., Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley, 1967
- B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, 1963
- Combinatorial optimization
- Computational geometry
- Mathematical programming
Major Honors and Awards:
- Ashbel Smith Professor, UT Dallas, 1997-
- Nominated for the George B. Dantzig Prize in Mathematical Programming, 1988
- Polykarp Kusch Lecturer, 1986-1987
- Gurudas Chatterjee Award given by Operations Research Society of India, 1983
- Nominated for Piper Teaching Award from the University of Texas at Dallas, 1980
- Merit Scholarship (given to top ten students at IIT, Bombay), 1960-1962
“A combinatorial algorithm for Horn Programs”, K. Subramani and R. Chandrasekaran, accepted for publication in Discrete Optimization. Forthcoming.
- “Polynomial Time Solution to Minimum Forwarding Set Problem in Wireless Networks under Disk Coverage Model” , (with M. Baysan, K. Sarac), Adhoc Networks, 10, (2012) #7, pp. 1253-1266. 2012.
- “Minimal Time Broadcasting in Cognitive Radio Networks”, (with C.L. Arachchige, S. Venkatesan, N. Mittal), ICDCN (2011), pp. 364-375. 2011.
- “On Labeling Problems in Graphs” (with M. Dawande and M. Baysan), Discrete Applied Mathematics, 159, (2011), pp.746-759. 2011.
- Randomized Distributed Algorithms for Neighbor Discovery in Multi-Hop Multi-Channel Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, (with Neeraj Mittal, Yanyan Zeng, S. Venkatesan), ICDCS 2011.