Dr. Bhadrachalam Chitturi
Associate Professor of Instruction
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas
- M.S. in C.S., University of North Texas, Denton
Major Honors and Awards:
- Invited talk in the Special Session on Combinatorics and Computing of American Mathematical Society in Fall Eastern 2020.
- Keynote speaker at ICCII 2018, JNTU Hyderabad. Mining Structural Motifs in Proteins.
- Best paper award in Computing track, CoCoNet 2019.
- “Optimal Algorithms for Sorting Permutations with Brooms,” (with I.T. Sadanandan), Algorithms (15(7)) (2022).
- Approximation Algorithms for Sorting Permutations by Extreme Block-interchanges”, (with Jayakumar P),
TCS (891)105-115, 2021.
- “A New Upper Bound for Sorting Permutations with Prefix Transpositions”, (with P Nair, R Sundavaradhan),
TCS (896)158-167, 2021.
- “Computing cardinalities of subsets of Sn with k adjacencies”,
JCMCC CXIII, pp.183-195, May 2020.
- “Exact upper bound for sorting Rn with LE”, (with S S Kuppili)
DMAA , 12(03)2050033, 2020.
- “Sorting permutations with transpositions in O(n3) amortized time”, (with P Das),
Theoretical Computer Science , 766 (2019).
- “Layered Graphs: Applications and Algorithms”, (with S Balachander, S Satheesh, K Puthiyoppil),
Algorithms, 11 (2018).
- “Compact structure patterns in proteins”, (with Shuoyong Shi, Lisa Kinch and Nick Grishin), Journal of Molecular Biology, 428(21), 2016
- “ProSMoS Server: A Pattern-Based Search Using Interaction Matrix Representation Of Protein Structures,” Shuoyong Shi, Bhadrachalam Chitturi, and Nick V. Grishin, W526–W531 Nucleic Acids Research, 2009, Vol. 37, Web Server Issue Published Online 6 May 2009.
- Organizer and contributor to Battle of Brains
Previous Profile: Chin, Wei-Pang
Next Profile: Christiansen, Michael