Dr. Milind Dawande
Ashbel Smith Professor
- Ph.D., Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization, Carnegie Mellon University, Graduate School of Industrial Administration, 1997
- M.S., Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization, Carnegie Mellon University, 1995
- M.S., Mathematics, University of Louisiana, LA, 1993
- B.Tech., Computer Science, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, 1991
- Optimization Theory and its applications in Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
Major Honors and Awards:
First Patent Application Invention Achievement Award, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, 1998
William Larimer Mellon Fellowship, Carnegie MellonUniversity, 1993-1996
Merit Scholarship, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, 1987-1991
Milking the Quality Test: Improving the Milk Supply Chain under Competing Collection Intermediaries (with L. Mu, X. Geng, V. Mookerjee) Management Science (to appear).
Role Refinement in Access Control: Model and Analysis (with H. Xia and V. Mookerjee) INFORMS Journal on Computing Vol 26, No. 4, 866-884, 2014.
Fixed-Dimensional Stochastic Dynamic Programs: An Approximation Scheme and an Inventory Application (with W. Chen and G. Janakiraman) Operations Research Vol 62, No. 1, 81-103, 2014.
Improving the Milk Supply Chain in Developing Countries: Analysis, Insights, and Recommendations (with L. Mu and V. Mookerjee) Production and Operations Management Vol. 23, No. 7, 1098-1112, 2014.
Integrality in Stochastic Inventory Models (with W. Chen and G. Janakiraman) Production and Operations Management Vol. 23, No. 9, 1646-1663, 2014.