Dr. Ranran Feng
Assistant Professor of Instruction
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, the University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX (2014)
- MS in Computer Science, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX (2009)
- Content based image retrieval,
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Face Detection & Recognition
- Content based online Multimedia Filtering
- Object Detection & Recognition
- Computer Vision
- Multimedia Retrieval
- Data Mining
Major Honors and Awards:
- Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award, UT Dallas
- ACM Multimedia (MM) Student Travel Grant, ACM
- Tektronix Scholarship, UT Dallas
- Meritorious Award in Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM)
- Feng and B. Prabhkaran. “A Novel Method for Post-Surgery Face Recognition using Sum of Facial Parts Recognition”, 2014 IEEE Winter Conference on Application of Computer Vision (WACV 2014), 2014.
- Feng and B. Prabhkaran. “Facilitating Fashion Camouflage Art”, 2013 ACM International Conference on Multimedia (MM 2013), 2013.
- Feng and B. Prabhkaran. “Quantifying the Makeup Effect on Female Faces and its Application for Age Estimation”, 2012 International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2012), 2012.
- Feng and J. Ji. “A Novel Approach for Depth Extraction from Single 2D image”, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems and Informatics, 2012.
- Member of IEEE, ACM, Society of Women Engineer.
- Reviewer of Journal of Multimedia Systems (2012 – present).
- Reviewer for Multiple Domestic and International Computer Science (and corresponding fields) conferences: South Central CCSC 2012, SIGMAP 2014 & 2015, CONECO 2014, AIAA 2014, WIMON 2014.
- Program Committee for MCM 2014.
Previous Profile: Farago, Andras
Next Profile: Fishwick, Paul