Dr. Gity Karami
Assistant Professor of Instruction
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Data Science, Southern Methodist University – Lyle School of Engineering, Dallas, Texas, 2018
- P.h.D., Computer Science, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, 2017
- M.S., Software Engineering, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, 2016
- M.S., Information Technology Engineering, Shiraz University, Iran, 2008
- Software Testing
- Software Reliability and Safety
- Software Usability
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
Major Honors and Awards:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Science, Southern Methodist University, 2018
- Best Paper in Software Engineering Research, Management, and Application (SERA 2017)
- Invited Journal Paper in International Journal of Computers and Their Applications, 2018
- Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant Scholarship, Southern Methodist University, 2013 – 2017
- Karami and J. Tian, “Maintaining accurate web usage models using updates from activity diagrams,” Information and Software Technology, Vol.96, pp. 68-77, April, 2018.
- Karami and J. Tian, “Applying Task Models from Human Computer Interaction to Support and Improve Usage Based Statistical Testing for Web Applications,” International Journal of Computers and Their Applications, Vol. 25, No.2, pp. 64-75, June, 2018 (Invited Journal Paper).
- Karami and J. Tian, “Improving Web Application Reliability and Testing Using Accurate Usage Models,” In: Lee R.(eds) Software Engineering Research, Management, and Application (SERA 2017), Studies in Computational Intelligence (SCI), Vol. 722, Springer, 2018.
- Karami and J. Tian, “Using Task Models to Maintain Accuracy of Web Usage Models,” in 30th International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering (CAINE), 2017.
Previous Profile: Kantarcioglu, Murat
Next Profile: Karrah, Shyam