Dr. Karen Mazidi
Assistant Professor of Instruction
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, University of North Texas
- M.S., Computer Science, University of North Texas
- B.A., Computer Science, Baylor University
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Nominee Best Paper, 2016 Intelligent Tutoring Systems Conference
- Grace Hopper Scholar 2015
- UNT Graduate Exhibition, 1st Place 2014
- Karen Mazidi and Paul Tarau (2016), “Infusing NLU into Automatic Question Generation”, International Natural Language Generation Conference Edinburgh, Scotland , September 2016.
- Karen Mazidi and Paul Tarau (2016), “Automatic Question Generation: From NLU to NLG”, Intelligent Tutoring Systems Conference, Zagreb, Croatia, June 2016.
- Karen Mazidi and Rodney Nielsen (2015) “Leveraging Multiple Views of Text for Automatic Question Generation”, Artificial Intelligence in Education Conference, Madrid, Spain, June 2015.
- Karen Mazidi and Rodney Nielsen (2014), “Linguistic Considerations in Automatically Generated Questions,” Association for Computational Linguistics Conference, Baltimore Maryland, June 2014.
- Karen Janice Mazidi and Muhammad Ali Mazidi. X86 PC: Assembly Language, Design and Interfacing, 5th edition 2010.
- UTD WMWE Women Mentoring Women in Engineering
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions Learning Technologies
- NAACL Co-Chair Student Research Workshop 2015