Dr. Anurag Nagar
Associate Professor of Instruction
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Southern Methodist University
- Machine Learning
- Financial Data Mining
Major Honors and Awards:
- SAS Faculty Award, 2016
- Research Day Award, SMU, 2013
- A Nagar, “Developing Big Data Curriculum with Open Source Infrastructure”, In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science.
- A Nagar, “Enhancing Teaching of Big Data by Using Real World Datasets”, In Proceedings of the 47th ACM Technical Symposium on Computing Science
- Nagar, A., and Hahsler, M., “Fast discovery and visualization of conserved regions in DNA sequences using quasi-alignment.” BMC bioinformatics 14.11 (2013): S2.
- Nagar, A., and Hahsler, M. “Genomic sequence fragment identification using quasi-alignment.” In Proceedings of the International Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedical Informatics, p. 359. ACM, 2013.
- Nagar, A., Al-Mubaid, H, “A new path length measure based on go for gene similarity with evaluation using SGD pathways”, 21st IEEE International Symposium on Conference Computer-Based Medical Systems, 2008.
- Session Chair, Special Session on Gene Ontology and Applications at the IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (CIBCB), 2015.
- Program Committee SIGCSE 2016, 2017
- Reviewer for BICoB 2015, CIBCB 2015