Dr. Jalal Omer
Associate Professor of Instruction
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Houston, USA, August 1993
- M.S., Computer Science, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA, Dec. 1987
- B.S., Computer Science, Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan, 1984
- Data Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
- Distributed Systems
- Arabic Natural Language Processing
- Jalal Omer Atoum, “Cyberbullying Detection Through Sentiment Analysis”, The 2020 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence, (CSCI’20: December 16-18, 2020, Las Vegas, USA).
- Hriez R.F., Hadi A., Atoum J.O. (2020) Towards an Intelligent Intrusion Detection System: A Proposed Framework. In: Arai K., Kapoor S., Bhatia R. (eds) Intelligent Computing. SAI 2020. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1230. Springer, Cham, pp 322-335.
- Jalal Omer Atoum and Mais Nouman, “Sentiment Analysis of Arabic Jordanian Dialect Tweets”, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA). Vol. 10, No. 2, pp 256-262, 2019.
- Jalal Omer Atoum, “Approximate Functional Dependencies Mining Using Association Rules Specificity Interestingness Measure”, British Journal of Mathematics & Computer Science, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 1-10, 2016.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Ahlam Alqutami, and Jalal Omer Atoum, “A Robust Algorithm for Video Arabic Text Detection”, The 2011 2nd International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science (CACS 2011). 15-17 November 2011, Bali Dynasty Resort, Bali, Indonesia.
- Participated and led a team of CS faculty members that had achieved and maintained the ABET accreditation of the Computer Science program at PSUT-Jordan.
- Had Led several evaluation committees from the Higher Education Accreditation Commission for various academic programs at Jordanian Universities.
- Organized, managed, and participated in several programming contests that had been held in Jordan and in the region such as the ACM programming contests.
- Member of the steering Committee for the MENA_ET 2014 conference held in Amman, Jordan. April 15-17, 2014.
- Lead the advisory committee for the development of the Master Program in Information System Security and Digital Criminology, PSUT, 2011. This program had won the Al Hassan Bin Talal prize for Scientific Distinction in 2012.
- Member of the organizing committee for the International Conference on Information and Communication Systems ICICS’09.
Previous Profile: Ntafos, Simeon
Next Profile: Ouyang, Jessica