Dr. Mark Paulk
Associate Professor of Instruction
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, 2005
- M.S., Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 1980
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1978
- High maturity practices
- Statistical thinking
- Best practices for software engineering
- Agile methods
- Empirical software engineering
Major Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award, University of Texas at Dallas, Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science, Computer Science Department, 2014
- “Extreme Programming from a CMM Perspective” (published in 2001) selected as one of “IEEE Software’s 25th-Anniversary Top Picks” (IEEE Software, January/February 2009)
- “Capability Maturity Model, Version 1.1” (published in 1993, co-authored with Weber, Curtis, and Chrissis) selected as one of “The Most Cited IEEE Software Articles” (IEEE Software, January/February 2009)
- Carnegie Mellon Certificate of Merit for Excellence in Satisfying Customers: Capability Maturity Model for Software Team, 1995
- SEI Customer Satisfaction Award for work in developing the Capability Maturity Model for Software, 1992
- J. Garzas and M.C. Paulk, “A Case Study of Software Process Improvement with CMMI-DEV and Scrum in Spanish Companies,” Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, 2013.
- M.C. Paulk, “A Scrum Adoption Survey,” ASQ Software Quality Professional, Vol. 15, No. 2, March 2013, pp. 27-34.
- D.M. Northcutt and M.C. Paulk, “A Statistical Sampling Methodology for Process Assessments,” ASQ Software Quality Professional, Vol. 12, No. 4, September 2010, pp. 19-28.
- E.B. Hyder, K.M. Heston, M.C. Paulk, and W.E. Hefley, The eSourcing Capability Model for Service Providers, Van Haren Publishing, Zaltbommel, Netherlands, 2010.
- C.F. Kemerer and M.C. Paulk, “The Impact of Design and Code Reviews on Software Quality: An Empirical Study Based on PSP Data,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol. 35, No. 4, July/August 2009, pp. 534-550.
Previous Profile: Page, Ivor P.
Next Profile: Perkins, Stephen