Dr. Benjamin Raichel
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (2015)
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (2011)
- B.S., double major in Math and Physics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (2009)
- Algorithms and Theory
- Discrete and Computational Geometry
- Randomized and Approximation Algorithms
Major Honors and Awards:
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship (UIUC, 2014-2015)
- Andrew and Shana Laursen Fellowship for recruitment of top graduate students (UIUC, 2011-2012)
- Bronze Tablet Award Recipient (UIUC, 2009)
- National Science Foundation Early Career Development (CAREER) Award
- A. Blum, S. Har-Peled, and B. Raichel. Sparse approximation via generating point sets. In Proc. 27th ACM-SIAM Sympos. Discrete Algs. (SODA), 2016. To appear.
- S. Har-Peled and B. Raichel. Net and prune: A linear time algorithm for euclidean distance problems. To appear in the Journal of the ACM (JACM), 2015. Preliminary version in Proc. 45th Annu. ACM Sympos. Theory Comput. (STOC), pages 605–614, 2013.
- A. Nayyeri and B. Raichel. Reality distortion: Exact and approximate algorithms for embedding into the line. In Proc. 56th Annu. IEEE Sympos. Found. Comput. Sci. (FOCS), 2015. To appear.
- S. Har-Peled and B. Raichel. On the complexity of randomly weighted multiplicative Voronoi diagrams. Discrete Comput. Geom., 53(3):547–568, 2015. SoCG 2014 special issue.
- S. Har-Peled and B. Raichel. The Fréchet distance revisited and extended. ACM Trans. Algo., 10(1):3:1–3:22, 2014. Preliminary version in Proc. 27th Annu. Sympos. Comput. Geom. (SoCG), pages 448–457, 2011.
- Instructor for graduate algorithms course at UT Dallas.
- Reviewed papers for the following conferences: (i) SODA (2016, 2015, 2014) (ii) SoCG (2015, 2014, 2013) (iii) ESA (2015, 2013) (iv) COCOA (2015) (v) SWAT (2014) (vi) ISAAC (2011)
- Reviewed papers for the following journals: (i) Algorithmica (ii) CGTA (iii) DCG (iv) SICOMP (v) TALG
Previous Profile: Prakash, Ravi
Next Profile: Razo Razo, Miguel