Dr. Jey Veerasamy
Associate Professor of Instruction
Director of the UT Dallas Center for Computer Science Education & Outreach (CCSEO)
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Dallas, 1999
- M.S. in Computer Science, The University of Texas at Dallas, 1993
- B.S. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, India, 1990
- Director of the UT Dallas Center for Computer Science Education & Outreach (CCSEO)
- Cellular telephone system which increases efficiency of reserved channel usage (USPTO # 6208865)
- Authentication failure trigger method and apparatus (USPTO # 6236852)
- System and method for identifying coverage holes in a Wireless Network (USPTO # 7113793)
- System and method for providing fast call set-up in a wireless communication system (USPTO # 7317920)
- Apparatus and method for efficient determination of mobile station location in a wireless network (USPTO # 8099110)
- Measuring User Experience Accurately in Wireless Networks (with Sanjay Kodali), IEEE 2nd Workshop on Performance and Management of Wireless and Mobile Networks, November 2006.
- Intelligent Resource Allocation in Wireless Networks through Self-Learning (with Chanakya Bandyopadhyay and Vijayasimman Rajasimman), IEEE/IFIP Network Operations & Management Symposium, April 2006.
- Practical approach to optimize Paging Success Rate in CDMA Network (with Sanjay Kodali and John Jubin), IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking conference, March 2005.
- Efficient Location Management for Fast call setup (with Sanjay Kodali and John Jubin), IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking conference, March 2005.
- Approximation Algorithms for Asymmetric Postman Problem (with B. Raghavachari), Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, 1999.
- 3/2 Approximation Algorithm for Mixed Postman Problem (with B. Raghavachari), SIAM Journal of Discrete Mathematics, 1999.
- Approximation Algorithms for Mixed Postman Problem (with B. Raghavachari), Conference on Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization, 1998.
- Spare Capacity Assignment in Telecom Networks using Path Restoration and Traffic Splitting Networks (with S. Venkatesan and J. C. Shah), Journal of Systems and Software, 1999.
- Message Handling System to simulate Authentication Center node in Wireless Telecom Network (with R. Creech, B. Stewart, and J.Doss), Summer Computer Simulation Conference, 1997.
- Spare Capacity Assignment in Telecom Networks (with S. Venkatesan and J. C. Shah), MASCOT’95 conference.
- Effect of Traffic Splitting on Link and Path Restoration Planning (with S. Venkatesan and J. C. Shah), Globecom’94 conference.
- On Towers of Hanoi with Multiple Spare Pegs (with Dr.Ivor Page), International Journal of Computer Mathematics, Volume 52, pages 17-22, 1994.
- FTP tips, Wizard’s Grabbag column, UNIX World, April 1993 issue, Tips to work with remote files without writing them as local files.
Previous Profile: Truemper, Klaus
Next Profile: Venkatesan, S.