Dr. Kang Zhang
Professor (CS & CE)
- E.M.B.A., the University of Texas at Dallas, 2011
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Brighton, UK, 1990
- B.Eng., Computer Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China, 1982
Major Honors and Awards:
- J. Li, S. Chen, K. Zhang, G. Andrienko, N. Andrienko, COPE: Interactive Exploration of Co-Occurrence Patterns in Spatial Time Series, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.25, No.8, August 2019, 2554-2567.
- Y.N. Li, K, Zhang, D.N. Hu, M.L. Huang, The influence of Edge Bundling on Visual Information Search, Information Sciences, Vol.495, August 2019, 234-246.
- G. Lian, K. Zhang, Transformation of Portraits to Picasso’s Cubism Style, The Visual Computer, accepted to appear, online April 2019.
- Z. Cai, K. Zhang, D.N. Hu, Visualizing Large Graphs by Layering and Bundling Graph Edges, The Visual Computer, Vol.35, No.5, May 2019, 739-751. (Earlier version rejected by IEEE Vis’2015.)
- Z.B. Fan, K. Zhang, X.S. Zheng, Evaluation and Analysis of White Space in Wu Guanzhong’s Chinese Paintings, Leonardo, MIT Press, Vol.52, No.2, 2019, 111-116.
- M. Zhang, H. Li, K. Zhang, J. Yu, Computer Simulation and Generation of Moving Sand Pictures, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.24, No.12, December 2018, 3058-3068.
- Associate Editor and Book Reviews Editor of Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, Academic Press, October 2001 →
- Area Editor of International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, World Scientific, August 2006 →
- Associate Editor of The Visual Computer, Springer, January 2015 →
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Big Data, Springer, February 2013→
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Advanced Intelligence, AIA International Advanced Information Institute, March 2009 →
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on Engineering Visual Analytics, Science China – Information Sciences, 2012.
- Associate Editor of Visual Language and Sentient Systems, KSI Research Inc., August 2015→
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on Visual Information Communication, International Journal of Advanced Intelligence, 2011.
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on Graph Visualization, Journal of Visual Languages and Computing, Vol.21, No.4, 2010.
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on Information Reuse and Integration, Informatica, Vol.33, No.3, October 2009.
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on Information Reuse and Integration, Information and Decision Sciences, Vol.1, No.3, 2009.
- Guest Editor for Special Issue on Software Visualization and Information Visualization, Journal of Software (China), 2008.
- Keynotes and Invited Plenary Talks at:
- 2016 International Conference on Big Data Analysis (ICBDA’2016), Hangzhou, China, 12-14 March 2016.
- 9th International Conference Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGIV’2012), Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC, 25-27 June 2012
- The 3rd Conference on Engineering and Business Management (EBM’2012), Shanghai, China, 26-28 March 2012.
- 2012 International Conference on Economics Marketing and Management (ICEMM’2012), Hong Kong, 5-7 January 2012.
- General Chair of
- 9th International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction (VINCI’2016), Dallas, USA, 24-26 September 2016.
- 2015 International Conference on Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC’2015), Nanjing, China, 18-20 December 2015.
- 2014 International Conference on Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC’2014), Shanghai, China, 16-18 May 2014.
- 2010 Visual Information Communications – International Symposium (VINCI’10), Beijing, China, 24-25 September 2010.
- 2009 Visual Information Communications International (VINCI’09), Sydney, Australia, 24-25 September 2009.
- International Workshop on Visual Languages and Computing, Boston, USA, Sept, 2008.
- 2005 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, Dallas, USA, Sept. 2005.
- 2005 International Workshop on Visual Languages and Computing, Banff, Canada, Sept, 2005.
- Program Chair of:
- 6th International Conference on Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering (ENASE’2011), Beijing, China, 8-11 June 2011.
- 2009 IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IRI’09), Las Vegas, USA.
- 2008 IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IRI’08), Las Vegas, USA.
- 2007 International Workshop on Visual Languages and Computing (VLC’07), San Francisco, USA, 6-8 September 2007.
- 18th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE’2006), San Francisco, USA, 5-7 July 2006.
- 2004 International Workshop on Multimedia and Web Design, Miami, USA, 13 December 2004.
- 2004 International Workshop on Visual Languages and Computing, San Francisco, USA, 8-10 September 2004.
- 2003 IEEE Symposium on Visual and Multimedia Languages: VL’2003 (part of HCC’2003), Auckland, New Zealand, 28-31 October 2003.
- 15th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE’2003), San Francisco, USA, 1-3 July 2003.
- International Symposium on Visual Methods for Parallel and Distributed Programming, London, UK, 25-27 July 2001.
- IEEE VL’2000 Workshop on Visual Methods for Parallel/Distributed Programming, Seattle, USA, 14 September 2000.
Previous Profile: Zalila-Wenkstern, Rym
Next Profile: Zhang, Lingming