Dr. Kyle Fox
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- MS., Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2008
- Algorithms and Theory
- Computational Geometry and Topology
- Combinatorial Optimization and Graph Algorithms
Major Honors and Awards:
- NSF CAREER Award, CCF-1942597 — 2020 – 2025
- Stutzke Dissertation Completion Fellowship —UIUC, 2013
- C.W. Gear Outstanding Graduate Student Award — UIUC, 2013
- Department of Energy Office of Science Graduate Fellowship — DOE, 2010–2013
K. Fox and J. Lu. A near-linear time approximation scheme for geometric transportation with arbitrary supplies and spread. In Proceedings of the 36th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG), 45:1–45:19, 2020.
K. Fox and X. Li. Approximating the geometric edit distance. In Proceedings of the 30th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC), 26:1–26:16, 2019.
K. Fox, D. Panigrahi, and F. Zhang. Minimum cut and minimum k-cut in hypergraphs via branching contractions. In Proceedings of the 30th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 881–896, 2019.
J. Erickson, K. Fox, and L. Lkhamsuren. Holiest minimum-cost paths and flows in surface embedded graphs. In Proceedings of the 50th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), 1319–1332, 2018.
Borradaile, E. W. Chambers, K. Fox, and A. Nayyeri. Minimum cycle and homology bases of surface embedded graphs. J. Comp. Geom., 8(2):58–79, 2017. SoCG 2016 special issue.
- Member Graduate Admissions Committee at UT Dallas
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)