Dr. Shiyi Wei
- PhD., Computer Science, Virginia Tech, 2015
- B.E., Software Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2009
- Program Analysis
- Software Engineering
- Programming Languages
- Software Security
Major Honors and Awards:
- The research paper “Evaluating Fuzz Testing” published at CCS 2018 selected as the winner of 7th annual NSA Best Scientific Cybersecurity Paper Competition.
- NSF CAREER Award (2021)
31st USENIX Security Symposium Distinguished Paper Award Winner for
FIXREVERTER: A Realistic Bug Injection Methodology for Benchmarking Fuzz Testing Zenong Zhang and Zach Patterson, University of Texas at Dallas; Michael Hicks, University of Maryland and Amazon; Shiyi Wei, University of Texas at Dallas
- SugarC: Scalable Desugaring of Real-World Preprocessor Usage into Pure C. – Zach Patterson, Zenong Zhang, Brent Pappas, Shiyi Wei, and Paul Gazzillo. ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2022.
- Retrieving Data Constraint Implementations Using Fine-Grained Code Patterns. Juan Manuel Florez, Jonathan Perry, Shiyi Wei, and Andrian Marcus. ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2022.
- SATune: A Study-Driven Auto-Tuning Approach for Configurable Software Verification Tools. Ugur Koc, Austin Mordahl, Shiyi Wei, Jeffrey S. Foster, and Adam Porter. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), 2021.
- The Impact of Tool Configuration Spaces on the Evaluation of Configurable Taint Analysis for Android. Austin Mordahl, and Shiyi Wei. ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA), 2021.
- An Empirical Study of Real-World Variability Bugs Detected by Variability-Oblivious Tools. Austin Mordahl, Jeho Oh, Ugur Koc, Shiyi Wei and Paul Gazzillo. ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), 2019.
- Evaluating Fuzz Testing. George T. Klees, Andrew Ruef, Benjamin Cooper, Shiyi Wei, and Michael Hicks. ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2018.
- Decomposition Instead of Self-Composition for Proving the Absence of Timing Channels. Timos Antonopoulos, Paul Gazzillo, Michael Hicks, Eric Koskinen, Tachio Terauchi, Shiyi Wei. ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI), 2017.