Software plays an integral part in our everyday lives today because of its near ubiquitous influence in our increasingly technological society. Therefore, taking appropriate steps to apply software testing techniques is of paramount importance. To promote advanced software testing theory, techniques, and tools, the IEEE Reliability Society, in collaboration with the Computer Science Department at the University of Texas at Dallas as well as other sponsors will host an IEEE International Software Testing Contest on Saturday, February 2nd, 2019 at UT Dallas.
Pizza lunch will be provided.
All contestants must bring their own laptops. The contest has two parts:
- The first part is a 2-hour tutorial (10 am to 12noon).
- We will help contestants properly configure their laptops, and explain how to use JUnit & Mooctest.net platform. Each contestant is required to have basic knowledge about Java programming. We will serve Pizza for lunch.
- The second part is the contest (1pm−4:30pm).
- The contest is individually based. Each contestant will design test cases with specific input values based on the given source code and specification to test two Java programs. The quality of test cases will be measured by the code coverage and mutation score achieved.
Laptops used for this contest must have the following software installed:
- Windows 7 or later versions
- Java JDK 1.7 (cannot be other JDK versions)
- Eclipse Luna (cannot be other Eclipse versions)
We will help contestants configure their laptops during the Tutorial session.
Register online: bit.ly/test-contest Registration fee is $1 for college students, $5 for high school students (advanced level middle school students are OK too) & $10 for professionals.
Paperwork should be completed for all school students @ bit.ly/utd-cc-forms in advance. Sign-in & sign-out by a responsible adult will be required. Sorry for the extra work, but we do need to comply with the university rules. No exceptions.
THE LARGEST UNIVERSITY HACKATHON IN NORTH TEXAS
Join us for 24 hours as we build apps, hardware and more at the beautiful UT Dallas campus. Whether you’re a seasoned hackathon goer or just getting started, we’d love to see you there.
Have a specific idea in mind? At HackUTD 19, you can compete in challenges for specific categories of projects. Best of all, if your project fits into multiple categories, you can get judged for multiple challenges!
This is your weekend to innovate. We’ll throw in swag, food, and epic events to keep you going. At UT Dallas’s newest building, Engineering & Computer Science West, you’ll have the perfect environment to build anything.
FAQ can be seen on the main page of the HackUTD website
Please refer to the HackUTD 2019 website for updates